King Family – GGHG Bursary
The GGHG Cavalry and Historical Society is pleased to announce the creation of the “King Family – GGHG Bursary”. The Bursary is presented thanks to a generous donation made on behalf of the King family. This donation is to recognize the service contribution of both Sgt (Retired) Malcolm King, and his father, Squadron Leader, Ralph G.B. King who saw service in World War II with the RAF and later joined the RCAF.
The bursary is to help a regimental member (past or present) or their immediate family members to partially finance their formal education at a college or university level, including trade schools. The bursary is to support the greater Regimental Family.
Amounts. 2 x $2500 per year
Criteria for Selection. The recipient(s) of this award may be one of the following:
- Serving Member of the Governor General’s Horse Guards (or spouse);
- A child or grandchild of a serving Member of the Governor General’s Horse Guards;
- Serving Member of the cadet corps affiliated with, or sponsored by the GGHG;
- A child or grandchild of a member of the GGHG Association, in good standing.
Criteria for selection to include:
- Entering or enrolled in a full-time post-secondary education program at a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution, including trade schools;
- Achievement in academics (Minimum 75%)
- Demonstration of community service
- Well-roundedness (good performance across academic subjects and extra-curriculars)
Application Process. The applicant must download and complete the application form that is posted below along with a short (max 500 words) essay that shows how grit and determination has driven you towards your goals, the embodiment of both the Armour Corps and the Governor Generals Horse Guards.
Application Due Date: May 31st, 2021
Award Date: July 31st, 2021